Llanion Barracks

LLanion Barracks from Front Street Pembroke Dock

 5. Llanion Barracks

Built in 1906, its occupation by infantry regiments from many parts of the British Isles ended in 1967 when Pembroke Dock ceased to be a Garrison Town. This prominent red bricked building on the hill overlooking the Haven and the Town was taken over by the  newly formed South Pembrokeshire District Council as their offices. With the further reorganisation of the District and County Councils, the newly formed Pembrokeshire County Council's administration was centred in Haverfordwest with the Llanion offices much reduced for a few years and eventually closed altogether. After some time empty, the National Park's offices in Haverfordwest are now  re-located to Llanion  In 1906 troops of the Wiltshire Regiment, having taken over as garrison from the King's Shropshire Regiment, were the first occupants of the new barrack
 

LLanion Barracks


Contact Us
2007
This web site is developed
in the Community
By the Community for the Community

Hon President B. M. Rixon MBE

Pembroke Dock Community Web Project

Telephone Switchboard 0700 5802315

Members only
Web Project Co-Ordinator- MoonlightBlue

Pembroke Dock Community Web Project makes every effort to ensure that information contained in these pages is accurate. However, no liability is accepted arising from reliance upon the information contained in these pages or any other information accessed via this site.
Pembroke Dock Community Web Project accepts no liability or responsibility for information reached via links on this site to external sites over which it has no control. Pembroke Dock Community Web Project holds and processes personal data in accordance with all current legislation relating to data protection. All pages and graphics on this site are copyright Pembroke Dock Community Web Project except where otherwise noted. For more information Please contact the web team at
Support